The Boolermaker at the Utica Zoo is the event that shows our youth "getting fit isn't scary". This Halloween themed fun run is 100 % free as a part of the Boilermaker Urban Initiative. There are distances for all ages and abilities between the ages of 4-12.
Boolermaker Do's and Don'ts
- Wear sneakers appropriate for running. No boots, "wheelies", inline skates, etc.
- Dress appropriately for weather conditions.
- Listen to the instructions of race officials and law enforcement.
- Remember this is a fun run, not a race! Enjoy the event while getting fit.
- Make sure you're at your assigned start location 10 minutes before the run begins.
- Bring pets. They are not allowed at the Utica Zoo.
- Enter the zoo BEFORE the run has finished.
- Run with a baby stroller-they are a tripping hazard.
- Wear costumes that are hazardous. Masks that cover the face, costumes that pose a tripping hazard, weaponry, etc. are all discouraged.
- Cross the course while runs are taking place.
- Forget to thank the volunteers. These men and women have given their time to make sure your day is a treat and not filled with any tricks during the Boolermaker.
Registration must be completed online HERE. You will receive a confirmation e-mail. Registration will be capped at 250 participants.
Saturday, October 27, 2018
Check-in will begin at 9 AM. Race heats start promptly at 10 AM.
Utica Zoo, 1 Utica Zoo Way, Utica, NY 13501
Participation is free; however, pre-registration is required and the field will be limited to the first 250 runners.
Register online today. Registration includes a runner gift bag and zoo admission for 1 child and 1 adult per registration. Additional discounted zoo tickets are available for purchase during online registration.
Check-in will begin at 9am on Saturday, October 27th. Race heats start promptly at 10am. Free parking is at the Utica Zoo parking lot. Volunteers and signage will be present to direct you to the check-in table and the race staging area which is on Master Garden Way. There will be family-friendly activities at the staging area; however, guardians are asked to please stay with their runners throughout the morning.