The Boolermaker at the Utica Zoo is the event that shows our youth "getting fit isn't scary". This Halloween themed fun run is 100 % free as a part of the Boilermaker's community outreach programming. There are distances for all ages and abilities between the ages of 4-12.
Boolermaker Do's and Don'ts
- Wear sneakers appropriate for running. No boots, "wheelies", inline skates, etc.
- Dress appropriately for weather conditions.
- Listen to the instructions of race officials and law enforcement.
- Remember this is a fun run, not a race! Enjoy the event while getting fit.
- Make sure you're at your assigned start location 10 minutes before the run begins.
- Bring pets. They are not allowed at the Utica Zoo.
- Enter the zoo BEFORE the run has finished.
- Run with a baby stroller-they are a tripping hazard.
- Wear costumes that are hazardous. Masks that cover the face, costumes that pose a tripping hazard, weaponry, etc. are all discouraged.
- Cross the course while runs are taking place.
- Forget to thank the volunteers. These men and women have given their time to make sure your day is a treat and not filled with any tricks during the Boolermaker.
BOOLERMAKER 2019 REGISTRATION IS NOW CLOSED.
Saturday, October 12, 2019
Check-in will begin at 9 AM. Race heats start promptly at 10 AM.
Utica Zoo, 1 Utica Zoo Way, Utica, NY 13501
Participation is free; however, pre-registration is required and the field will be limited to the first 250 runners.
Registration includes a runner gift bag and zoo admission for 1 child and 1 adult per registration. Additional tickets for zoo admission are available during registration at a discounted rate.
REGISTRATION IS NOW CLOSED
Check-in will begin at 9 AM on Saturday, October 12th. Race heats start promptly at 10 AM. Free parking is at the Utica Zoo parking lot. Volunteers and signage will be present to direct you to the check-in table and the race staging area which is on Master Garden Way. There will be family-friendly activities at the staging area; however, guardians are asked to please stay with their runners throughout the morning.