Purpose: "To showcase the cultural diversity and tolerant views that make our city such a special and unique place."
Where: Mile 2 of the 15k race, between Albany Street and Sherman Drive
When: Sunday, July 9th, 8am-8:45am. Groups should arrive by 6:30am to set-up.
How to participate as an individual: Just show up! We want to pack the Unity Mile with as many people as possible. The Boilermaker is already renowned for its unmatched spectator support. For the Unity Mile, we want to up the ante even more. Runners will experience a wall of sound and color unprecedented in the road racing community.
For Groups & Organizations: Be creative and make your organization stand out with signs, pop-up tents, and music. Please reach out to designate your cheering section.
Parking: There is plenty of free parking at MVCC as well street parking to the west of Memorial Parkway.
Contact Wayne Murphy at email@example.com with questions or if you'd like to showcase your organization along the Unity Mile.
- Mohawk Valley Latino Association Ritmo Caribeno Youth Dance Group
- The Ride for Missing Children
- La Banda Rossa
- Butler-Sheehan Academy of Irish Dance
- Team RWB
- Upstate Cerebral Palsy
- Child Care Council - Cornell Cooperative Extension of Oneida County
- United Way
- Q Center Mohawk Valley - ACR Health
- MAMI of CNY
- Mohawk Valley Community Action Agency
- Utica Municipal Housing Authority - FX Matt, Adrean Terrace, N.D. Peters Manor
- MVCC LGBTQ+ Commitee & MVCC Gay Straight Alliance
- Mohawk Valley Resource Center for Refugees
Click image to enlarge.