Boilermaker to Launch Charity Bib Program
(Dec. 17, 2012)
December 17, 2012- For the 2013 race the Boilermaker Road Race will be offering a charity bib program to support local non-profits. The Boilermaker will be setting aside 200 bibs for organizations to use to entice participants to raise pledges.
The bibs can be utilized for the 15k and 5k races or 3 Mile Walk. Participants must commit to raise a minimum of $500 for the selected non-profits. The bibs will be provided to the charity of choice at no cost.
"We saw this as a wonderful opportunity to use the power of the Boilermaker to positive chance in our community" said Tim Reed, president of the Boilermaker. "We have seen the great results of programs like this throughout the country."
Organizations selected will be in charge of the administration of the program including the collection of pledge money. In addition, they must have a physical presence in Central New York and align with the mission of the Boilermaker. A maximum of 50 bibs will be available to qualifying charities.
If registrants are participating in the 15k race they must finish in two and a half hours.
In January the race will formally roll out the charity bib program.
- Boilermaker Charity Bib Reception Set for Tomorrow
- Boilermaker Youth Olympics Rescheduled Again
- Boilermaker Committee Run Sunday View More
- UFD Wins Boilermaker Police and Firefighter Competition Again
- 2017 Boilermaker Winners
- Boilermaker Square Committee to Install Memorial Bricks Tomorrow View More
- Registration Information
- MVCC and The Boilermaker celebrate latest renovation of College's Utica campus walking track
- 2016 Sitrin Wheelchair Challenge Winner Receives Racing Wheelchair
- West Utica OktoberFarmFest Announced
- Boilermaker Charity Bib Total Hits New Heights
- Excellus Confers Corporate Cup Awards
- Griffo Secures $50,000 for Boilermaker Road Race
- Boilermaker Previews 2015 Charity Bib Program
- Boilermaker Brings Back Boolermaker
- Boilermaker Announces 2014 Charity Bib Program
- Boilermaker Signs Contract to Sell Building, Plans Relocation to West Utica
- 2014 Boilermaker Logo Unveiled