Boilermaker Committee Members Honored for 2009 Efforts, Military Banner Returns Home
(Sep. 14, 2009)
September 14 , 2009 (Utica, NY) — Two months after one of the most successful Boilermakers in history, race officials offered a thank-you party to commemorate the hardwork that committee members put in to make this year's race a success. The event, sponsored by Braden Packaging and Supply, was hosted by Mohawk Valley Community College on Thursday, September 10.
The annual thank-you party featured dinner, music and trivia door prizes with more than one hundred guests in attendance.
Moreover, this was the first public display of the military banner which was used during this year's Boilermaker in Iraq. The banner, which represented the start and finish lines, was signed by all participants and volunteers overseas. The banner will now be showcased as an exhibit in the National Distance Running Hall of Fame, along with the 2009 military-themed Boilermaker portrait.
"This party gives us an opportunity to get away from the manic pace of the race and gratefully acknowledge the efforts of our Boilermaker team," said Tim Reed, executive director of the Boilermaker. "A large measurement of the successes from this year lies clearly on the shoulders of these individuals. It is also wonderful to see the banner return home again. The signatures remind us of the individuals that not only run this race but who are out there protecting our freedom."View Recent Press
- Boilermaker President Steps Down, Search for Successor Under Way
- Boilermaker Urban Initiative Press Opportunities
- Boilermaker Charity Bib Reception Set for Tomorrow
- The Stanley to Host Roast and Toast of Boilermaker President Tim Reed
- Boilermaker Presents Check to United Way
- UFD Wins Boilermaker Police and Firefighter Competition Again
- Registration Information
- MVCC and The Boilermaker celebrate latest renovation of College's Utica campus walking track
- 2016 Sitrin Wheelchair Challenge Winner Receives Racing Wheelchair View More