Pasta Dinner Raises Money for United Way
(Aug. 14, 2009)
August 14, 2009 (Utica, NY) — Each year, the pasta dinner at the Boilermaker Expo raises money for the United Way of the Valley and Greater Utica Area. This past July, $2,868 was raised for the local, non-profit organization to put towards their campaign.
The Boilermaker held its 12th annual all-you-can-eat buffet at the Boilermaker Expo at the Masonic Care Community on July 11. According to Coordinator Cindy Dardano, the United Way will channel the money and it will be used to stock local food banks.
"Sodexo, the food service at the Masonic Care Community, has a mission," Dardano explained, "to eradicate world hunger. Because of this mission, they generously donate the food and service to the Boilermaker Pasta Dinner. The proceeds are then, in turn, donated to the hungry in the area."
The number of guests was a bit lower than in previously years, mainly due to the inclement weather and the Boilermaker Expo closing early. Nonetheless, Dardano feels it was a success.
"The sauces were wonderful, the meatballs were tender, the salad was plentiful, and the cookies were fresh and warm," Dardano concluded. "The staff and volunteers go out of their way each year to make this an enjoyable experience. I believe the past dinner is the best kept secret of the race."View Recent Press
- Boilermaker President Steps Down, Search for Successor Under Way
- Boilermaker Urban Initiative Press Opportunities
- Boilermaker Charity Bib Reception Set for Tomorrow
- The Stanley to Host Roast and Toast of Boilermaker President Tim Reed
- Boilermaker Presents Check to United Way
- UFD Wins Boilermaker Police and Firefighter Competition Again
- Registration Information
- MVCC and The Boilermaker celebrate latest renovation of College's Utica campus walking track
- 2016 Sitrin Wheelchair Challenge Winner Receives Racing Wheelchair View More