National Anthem Singers Announced for Boilermaker Events
(Jul. 7, 2009)
July 7, 2009 (Utica, NY) — The Boilermaker Road Race announced the winners of the National Anthem Competition, which was held on Saturday, June 20 at the Masonic Care Community. Singers of all ages demonstrated their vocal skills in front of judges and now, the winners will perform at various events during Boilermaker Week.
Jennifer Bernstone of Canastota won the top honors and will be singing at the Price Chopper Post-Race Party, taking place at the F.X. Matt Brewing Company following the 15k Race on Sunday, July 12. Nathanie McEwen of Rome will sing at the NBT Bank Volunteer Party on Friday evening. Jacob Perkins of Utica will perform at the start of the Carbone 5K run near the Burrstone Road bridge at 7:30 a.m. on Sunday. Kari Crimmins of Utica will sing at the 3-Mile Walk, sponsored by Walmart, at the Masonic Care Community at 10:30 a.m. on Saturday. Jim Mills of Frankfort will sing at the Artist's Reception during the Boilermaker Expo. Grace Riker of Bridgewater will perform at the start of the Youth Run on Saturday at 8 a.m. Alexandria Corn of Utica will sing our nation's song at the award ceremony of the Youth Olympics on Thursday morning at Proctor Park. Taylor Kochan of Utica will sing at the start of the Youth Olympics. Finally, Kataryn Marlara of Boonville will perform at the Roadrunner Mile on Wednesday near Valley View golf course along the Parkway.
"It is always enjoyable to see the talent each year at the National Anthem contest," said Tim Reed, executive director of the Boilermaker. "This is just another way that the Boilermaker allows for community members to become involved. The singers all do a fantastic job and we are proud of each contestant."
The Boilermaker Road Race has been holding this contest for more than six years.View Recent Press
- Boilermaker President Steps Down, Search for Successor Under Way
- Boilermaker Urban Initiative Press Opportunities
- Boilermaker Charity Bib Reception Set for Tomorrow
- The Stanley to Host Roast and Toast of Boilermaker President Tim Reed
- Boilermaker Presents Check to United Way
- UFD Wins Boilermaker Police and Firefighter Competition Again
- Registration Information
- MVCC and The Boilermaker celebrate latest renovation of College's Utica campus walking track
- 2016 Sitrin Wheelchair Challenge Winner Receives Racing Wheelchair View More