Boilermaker, Ride for Missing Children Partner for Walk Event
(Jun. 30, 2009)
June 30, 2009 (Utica, NY) — The Boilermaker Road Race and the Ride for Missing Children are teaming up for this year's 3-mile walk event, which is held on Saturday, July 11 at 10:30 a.m. at the Masonic Care Community.
This is the second year that Walmart will be sponsoring the 3-mile walk. There is entertainment along the course and a post-race party celebration at the Boilermaker Expo.
Boilermaker and Walmart officials decided this year to add the Ride for Missing Children as its charity sponsor. Not only will the Ride for Missing Children be able to use the Boilermaker as a medium to promote their cause, but a portion of the proceeds from the 3-mile walk will be donated to them.
"The walk is fantastic," said Tim Reed, executive director of the Boilermaker. "This event gives those who are not avid runners the opportunity to still participate in the Boilermaker. It is fun; it is relaxing; it is an enjoyable walk in the park. This year, we are teaming up with the Ride for Missing Children to help with their important cause at the same time."
Boilermaker officials are anticipating nearly a thousand participants in the 3-mile walk and same day registration is allowed. For more information, contact Marie Seiselmyer, coordinator of the 3-mile walk, at (315)-797-5838.View Recent Press
- Boilermaker President Steps Down, Search for Successor Under Way
- Boilermaker Urban Initiative Press Opportunities
- Boilermaker Charity Bib Reception Set for Tomorrow
- The Stanley to Host Roast and Toast of Boilermaker President Tim Reed
- Boilermaker Presents Check to United Way
- UFD Wins Boilermaker Police and Firefighter Competition Again
- Registration Information
- MVCC and The Boilermaker celebrate latest renovation of College's Utica campus walking track
- 2016 Sitrin Wheelchair Challenge Winner Receives Racing Wheelchair View More