High School Students Assist With Pasta Dinner Preparations
(Jun. 17, 2009)
June 17, 2009 (Utica, NY) — Photography and advanced placement students in Angelo Gaetano and Matt Keeney's art class at Clinton Central School are involved in an innovative project to decorate tables at the 12th annual Boilermaker pasta buffet. This all-you-can-eat buffet will be held on Saturday, July 11 from 12:30 p.m. to 5 p.m. at the Planet Fitness Health and Fitness Expo at the Masonic Care Community.
The students created 15 collaged cubes and decoupaged downloaded pictures from past Boilermakers. These cubes are attached to running shoes and will be used as centerpieces. The students thought that since many of the people who annually attend this buffet are from out of town, these unique cubes provide a visual history of the race.
New this year will be a basket where you can donate a non-perishable food items that will be given to local food banks. Also, you can have your picture taken in front of a running backdrop. Pictures can be purchased online.
Tickets for the buffet are available on Friday at the Expo and Saturday at the door. All proceeds benefit the United Way of the Valley and Greater Utica Area.View Recent Press
- Boilermaker President Steps Down, Search for Successor Under Way
- Boilermaker Urban Initiative Press Opportunities
- Boilermaker Charity Bib Reception Set for Tomorrow
- The Stanley to Host Roast and Toast of Boilermaker President Tim Reed
- Boilermaker Presents Check to United Way
- UFD Wins Boilermaker Police and Firefighter Competition Again
- Registration Information
- MVCC and The Boilermaker celebrate latest renovation of College's Utica campus walking track
- 2016 Sitrin Wheelchair Challenge Winner Receives Racing Wheelchair View More