Boilermaker Announces Winners of Anthem Contest
(Jun. 22, 2010)
UTICA, NY (June 22, 2010) - The Boilermaker 15K Road Race has officially announced the winners of its Fifth Annual National Anthem Contest. Of the hundreds of members of the community who came out to participate, only nine individuals were chosen by a panel of local music professionals to perform at this year's Boilermaker events.
The top winner of 2010's contest is Katherine Malara of Boonville, who will have the honor of singing the National Anthem at the Boilermaker Post Race Party in front of a crowd of over 45,000 onlookers.
Eliza Giacobbe of New Hartford will sing the Anthem for the opening ceremonies of the Youth Olympics, as Andrew Marshall of Utica concludes the closing ceremonies. Tayler Kochan of Utica will open the Youth Run. Collin Davis of New Hartford will sing the Anthem for the 5K Run. Grace Riker of Bridgewater will sing the Anthem for the Volunteer Party, while Dorothy Gorczynski of Utica will sing for the 3-Mile Walk. Finally, Maria Rabbia of New Hartford will sing the Stars and Stripes for the Road Runner Mile. Cara Szeles of New Hartford has been chosen as an event alternate.View Recent Press
- Boilermaker President Steps Down, Search for Successor Under Way
- Boilermaker Urban Initiative Press Opportunities
- Boilermaker Charity Bib Reception Set for Tomorrow
- The Stanley to Host Roast and Toast of Boilermaker President Tim Reed
- Boilermaker Presents Check to United Way
- UFD Wins Boilermaker Police and Firefighter Competition Again
- Registration Information
- MVCC and The Boilermaker celebrate latest renovation of College's Utica campus walking track
- 2016 Sitrin Wheelchair Challenge Winner Receives Racing Wheelchair View More