Important Information For Runners, July 6, 2010
(Jul. 6, 2010)
The Expo: A large portion of Bleeker Street running in front of the Masonic Care Community will be closed due to safety concerns. There are various parking opportunities including the former Chicago Pneumatic building, now Deorio's Baking, which is located to the east of the Masonic property. Expo attendees are urged to plan extra time in order to locate parking.
The Expo, which traditionally had a 9 AM start time on Saturday, will open at 8 AM this year and run until 4:30 PM. Friday's hours will remain the same, from noon to 7 PM.
Should adverse weather occur during the Friday or Saturday of the Expo, packet registration will be moved to the Masonic Care Community gymnasium located near the Administration building.
The Race: With record numbers of runners participating in both the 15K and 5K races, runners are urged to arrive at their respective start lines early. The course will be closing down to traffic at 6 AM. Bus transportation from the finish line to the 15K start line begins at 6 AM, ceasing at 7 AM. Participants are encouraged to park at locations near the start line. Bus transportation will be provided from the Post Race Party back to the start line until 1 PM.
View Recent Press
- Boilermaker President Steps Down, Search for Successor Under Way
- Boilermaker Urban Initiative Press Opportunities
- Boilermaker Charity Bib Reception Set for Tomorrow
- The Stanley to Host Roast and Toast of Boilermaker President Tim Reed
- Boilermaker Presents Check to United Way
- UFD Wins Boilermaker Police and Firefighter Competition Again
- Registration Information
- MVCC and The Boilermaker celebrate latest renovation of College's Utica campus walking track
- 2016 Sitrin Wheelchair Challenge Winner Receives Racing Wheelchair View More