2010 Boilermaker, A Race to Remember
(Jul. 14, 2010)
The 33rd running of the Boilermaker 15K Road Race was truly historic. Reflecting on Sunday's record setting race, we feel there were a number of factors that contributed to 2010 being the biggest, fastest, and certainly one of the best Boilermakers ever. Foremost this year's race experienced the most entrants in its history with over 13,000 individuals registered. Furthermore, of all the guests who made their RSVP to our party, over 11,500 finished the race, which is also a new high.
The weather race morning was ideal. At 8 AM the temperature was a comfortable 65 degrees as runners congregated under sunny skies. Fewer than 100 of all the Boilermaker finishers were treated at the medical tent for race-related ailments, which is a real testament to the conditioning of this race's athletes. Additionally, not only was this year's field larger, it was deeper. Previously untouchable race records were shattered on both the men and women's side. Lelisa Desisa, 20, of Ethiopia, finished first amongst the men with a time of 42:46, an amazing 8 seconds faster than the previous record. Edna Kiplagat, 30, of Kenya, topped the women's field with a time of 47:57, which is an astonishing 9 seconds better than the previous record.
Stay tuned for more coverage on this year's race.View Recent Press
- Boilermaker President Steps Down, Search for Successor Under Way
- Boilermaker Urban Initiative Press Opportunities
- Boilermaker Charity Bib Reception Set for Tomorrow
- The Stanley to Host Roast and Toast of Boilermaker President Tim Reed
- Boilermaker Presents Check to United Way
- UFD Wins Boilermaker Police and Firefighter Competition Again
- Registration Information
- MVCC and The Boilermaker celebrate latest renovation of College's Utica campus walking track
- 2016 Sitrin Wheelchair Challenge Winner Receives Racing Wheelchair View More