New Hartford Spartans Win Boilermaker High School Team Award For Third Year Straight
(Nov. 5, 2010)
UTICA, NY (November 5, 2010)- The results are in, and for the third consecutive year the New Hartford Spartans have claimed the Boilermaker High School Team Award. The award is part of the Boilermaker's High School Challenge Series. It is presented each fall to the school with the highest percentage of participation in the Boilermaker 5K and 15K road races.
As was the case with the past two Boilermakers, the Spartans once again sat atop the leader boards with over one out every four students participating in the race (25.85%). New Hartford was presented the award at the school's board meeting. The Spartans will have the traveling trophy on display at the school until the end of the academic year. Whitesboro School District placed second in the competition with 18.85% of students participating in the Boilermaker.
Overall 37 schools from in and around Central New York participated in this year's competition.
"This year we were pleased to see substantial growth in the school challenge," said Kevin Copeland, Race Divisions Director.
Each team runner had to have been a full time student between grades 7-12 as of June 1, 2010, or a 2010 graduate of the school they were running for.View Recent Press
- Boilermaker President Steps Down, Search for Successor Under Way
- Boilermaker Urban Initiative Press Opportunities
- Boilermaker Charity Bib Reception Set for Tomorrow
- The Stanley to Host Roast and Toast of Boilermaker President Tim Reed
- Boilermaker Presents Check to United Way
- UFD Wins Boilermaker Police and Firefighter Competition Again
- Registration Information
- MVCC and The Boilermaker celebrate latest renovation of College's Utica campus walking track
- 2016 Sitrin Wheelchair Challenge Winner Receives Racing Wheelchair View More