15K is over 6,700 - 5K closes in on 800
(Apr. 4, 2011)
Utica N.Y. (April 4th 2011)- In an effort to keep local runners aware of registration for the 2011 Boilermaker updated numbers will be forwarded to local media outlets weekly.
This year a registration cap has been set for both the 15k and 5k races. The cap is set for 13,000 runners for the 15k and 4,000 for the 5k.
To date, 6,714 have signed up for the 15k. Last year at this time 2,034 runners were signed up for the 15k.
35% of this group are first time Boilermaker runners.
For the 5k, 775 are registered compared to 188 a year ago. 57% of the 5k field are new Boilermaker runners.
Overall, 53% of our entries are woman, 47% men. Traditionally we have seen 52% men, 48% women.
The 3-Mile Walk which takes place Saturday, July 9th which is not capped has 57 registrants; last year at this time we had 23.
The downloadable PDF for people wanting to sign up via paper is now available at boilermaker.com. Also, paper applications will be available during normal business hours at the Distance Running Hall of Fame offices located at 114 Genesee Street, Utica.
Due to recent credit card standards, credit card transactions cannot be accepted for registration by paper. In addition, a two dollar paper processing fee will be charged.
The 34th running of the Boilermaker will take place Sunday, July 10th 2011.
#####View Recent Press
- Boilermaker President Steps Down, Search for Successor Under Way
- Boilermaker Urban Initiative Press Opportunities
- Boilermaker Charity Bib Reception Set for Tomorrow
- The Stanley to Host Roast and Toast of Boilermaker President Tim Reed
- Boilermaker Presents Check to United Way
- UFD Wins Boilermaker Police and Firefighter Competition Again
- Registration Information
- MVCC and The Boilermaker celebrate latest renovation of College's Utica campus walking track
- 2016 Sitrin Wheelchair Challenge Winner Receives Racing Wheelchair View More