Road Runner Mile Sprints to the Front of the 2011 Boilermaker Season
(Jun. 28, 2011)
Traditionally the Road Runner Mile, sponsored by Time Warner Cable, takes place the Wednesday of Boilermaker Week. This year the race will be held Wednesday June 29th at 6:00 pm prior to the Development Runs. There will be 5 heats with sixty two runners participating.
"We felt that we would see greater participation putting some distance between the mile event and the Boilermaker" said Gary Parker, director of the Road Runner Mile. "An extra week of recuperation will ensure the athletes run both a strong mile and a strong Boilermaker."
Additionally, the course has been modified with a new start and finish. "The course now follows the traditional Boilermaker course beginning in the golf course and ending at the
Spectators are strongly encouraged to come and cheer on the participants. "We manage to get people to line nearly the entire 9.3 mile of the Boilermaker" said Tim Reed, executive director of the Boilermaker. "Wouldn't it be great to have people along the entire Road Runner course?"
Because of race preparation and road closures the upper parking area near the
Current record holders are Chris Stogsdill on the male side with a 4:15 and Jenn Randell on the female side with a 4:53.View Recent Press
- Boilermaker President Steps Down, Search for Successor Under Way
- Boilermaker Urban Initiative Press Opportunities
- Boilermaker Charity Bib Reception Set for Tomorrow
- The Stanley to Host Roast and Toast of Boilermaker President Tim Reed
- Boilermaker Presents Check to United Way
- UFD Wins Boilermaker Police and Firefighter Competition Again
- Registration Information
- MVCC and The Boilermaker celebrate latest renovation of College's Utica campus walking track
- 2016 Sitrin Wheelchair Challenge Winner Receives Racing Wheelchair View More