Boilermaker Road Race Crosses Registration Halfway Point
(Feb. 16, 2012)
Utica N.Y. (February 8, 2012) - The Boilermaker announced today that registration for the 15k Road Race has crossed the halfway point. Over 7,000 runners have signed up for the 9.3 mile run that will have a record field of 14,000 participants. At this same time last year just over 2,500 had registered for the event. In 2011 the race, which was capped at 13,000 participants, closed out on May 14th.
"If this was a running of the Boilermaker we're just coming off the golf course hill speeding down the Parkway" said Jim Stasaitis, Boilermaker Race Director, "and it looks like we'll set a course record in closing out 15k."
The 5k has seen a similar growth pattern with over 550 registered compared to 250 a year earlier. For 2012 the 5k Race will be capped at 4,000.
The 35th running of the Boilermaker will take place Sunday, July 8th 2012.
People can register for all Boilermaker events at boilermaker.com.
####View Recent Press
- Boilermaker President Steps Down, Search for Successor Under Way
- Boilermaker Urban Initiative Press Opportunities
- Boilermaker Charity Bib Reception Set for Tomorrow
- The Stanley to Host Roast and Toast of Boilermaker President Tim Reed
- Boilermaker Presents Check to United Way
- UFD Wins Boilermaker Police and Firefighter Competition Again
- Registration Information
- MVCC and The Boilermaker celebrate latest renovation of College's Utica campus walking track
- 2016 Sitrin Wheelchair Challenge Winner Receives Racing Wheelchair View More