Boilermaker Transfer Policy Goes Live April 30th
(Apr. 28, 2012)
April 27, 2012 (Utica, NY)- In a first in Boilermaker history the race will be allowing legal transferring of race numbers from runners who can't participate to those who wish to.
"This year's unprecedented early sellout of both the 15k and 5k race created a situation where many runners found themselves on the outside looking in" said race director Jim Stasaitis. "We are hopeful this will give people a second chance to participate."
The transfer process, which will begin Monday April 30th and ends June 22nd will be administered through active.com. There will be a ten dollar registration fee for the new runner.
Any person wishing to run either the 5k or 15k needs to locate a runner who has registered for this year's race but are now not planning on running.
While the Boilermaker encourages runners to use the Boilermaker Facebook page and other social media to locate willing runners they will not be involved with any transactions between the individuals.
Full instructions, as well as the registration link, are located at boilermaker.com.
The running of the 35th Boilermaker will be taking place Sunday, July 8th.
- Boilermaker President Steps Down, Search for Successor Under Way
- Boilermaker Urban Initiative Press Opportunities
- Boilermaker Charity Bib Reception Set for Tomorrow
- The Stanley to Host Roast and Toast of Boilermaker President Tim Reed
- Boilermaker Presents Check to United Way
- UFD Wins Boilermaker Police and Firefighter Competition Again
- Registration Information
- MVCC and The Boilermaker celebrate latest renovation of College's Utica campus walking track
- 2016 Sitrin Wheelchair Challenge Winner Receives Racing Wheelchair View More