New York Times Bestseller Runs Into Town
(May. 2, 2012)
May 2, 2012 (Utica, NY) – Current New York Times Bestseller Chris McDougall, author of Born to Run will be in Utica on June 9, at 7 p.m. for a presentation at the Mohawk Valley Community College Theater on the Utica campus. Born to Run has been on the New York Times Bestseller list for 55 weeks and chronicles the exploits of some of the world's greatest distance runners.
"The opportunity to have a writer of the caliber of Chris coming to our community is truly exciting," said Boilermaker Executive Director Tim Reed. "That he's here as 'Boilermaker fever' is beginning to percolate is a double thrill."
There will be a $10 admission fee; patrons will be able to reserve specific seats. In addition, a limited number of books will be on sale for $10 that can be autographed after the presentation. Book sales will be cash or check only.
There will be a number of door prizes given away after the event including one free Boilermaker registration for the rest of the winner's life.
Tickets go on sale Monday, May 7, at mvcc.edu.tickets (www.mvcc.edu/tickets) or the MVCC box office, located in the IT Building on the Utica campus. They will also be available on the Rome campus within the Student Services Office located in the Plumley Complex from 9 a.m. to 7p.m.
Sponsors for this event are Northland Communications, YNN and Time Warner Cable Sports, the New York Beef Industry Council, Mohawk Valley Community College, and the Boilermaker Road Race.
- Boilermaker President Steps Down, Search for Successor Under Way
- Boilermaker Urban Initiative Press Opportunities
- Boilermaker Charity Bib Reception Set for Tomorrow
- The Stanley to Host Roast and Toast of Boilermaker President Tim Reed
- Boilermaker Presents Check to United Way
- UFD Wins Boilermaker Police and Firefighter Competition Again
- Registration Information
- MVCC and The Boilermaker celebrate latest renovation of College's Utica campus walking track
- 2016 Sitrin Wheelchair Challenge Winner Receives Racing Wheelchair View More