Milers to Jumpstart Boilermaker Activities
(Jun. 6, 2012)
June 6, 2012 (Utica NY)-The Road Runner Mile, a mid-distance race showcasing some of the local top scholastic and post-collegiate milers, will again kick off the first of many Boilermaker athletic activities.
This year the race will be held Wednesday June 27th at 5:30 pm prior to the Development Runs on the Parkway.
This marks the second year the course will sport a faster, primarily downhill, course.
Two records were shattered last year with the course change. On the High School Male side Matt Cheney posted a 4:08 while Morgan Payne ran a 4:12 on the College/ Open Male side.
Former Marcellus standout and current Iona College runner Chris Stogsdill has committed on the male side while Allison Lasnicki who ran for Canastota and now U Conn will run in the College/ Female Open group.
"This could be the year we see a sub-four minute mile on the male side and a sub-five minute on the female side" said Gary Parker, race director of the Road Runner Mile. "The commitment of Chris and Allison to participate speaks volumes about the quality of this event."
Spectators are strongly encouraged to come and cheer on the participants. "We manage to get people to line nearly the entire 9.3 miles of the Boilermaker" said Tim Reed, executive director of the Boilermaker. "Wouldn't it be great to have people along the entire Road Runner course?"
Because of race preparation and road closures the upper parking area near the Parkway Rec. Center will not be available for the Developmental Run.
The Road Runner Mile is traditionally an invitation only event. However, runners who feel they can compete at a competitive level should contact either Ted Petrillo at email@example.com or Gary Parker at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than June 20th.
- Boilermaker President Steps Down, Search for Successor Under Way
- Boilermaker Urban Initiative Press Opportunities
- Boilermaker Charity Bib Reception Set for Tomorrow
- The Stanley to Host Roast and Toast of Boilermaker President Tim Reed
- Boilermaker Presents Check to United Way
- UFD Wins Boilermaker Police and Firefighter Competition Again
- Registration Information
- MVCC and The Boilermaker celebrate latest renovation of College's Utica campus walking track
- 2016 Sitrin Wheelchair Challenge Winner Receives Racing Wheelchair View More