Wings Over Utica- Boilermaker Flyover Returns
(Jun. 22, 2012)
June 21, 2012 (Utica, NY) - Jet aircraft will be again over the skies of the Boilermaker Post Race Party this year. Vintage jet fighters flown by the Genesee War Birds, based out of Batavia New York, will perform the traditional flyover. "The ability to gain access to military high performance aircraft has become extremely difficult with the loss of the F-16's formerly located in Syracuse" said Tim Reed executive director of the Boilermaker.
The official sponsor of the flyover is Special Metals located in New Hartford. "We have always wanted to be a sponsor of the race" said Keith Dabbs, general manager of Special Metals. "It's fitting to think that the aircraft doing the flyover may have our product in them."
The 35th running of the Boilermaker Road Race will take place Sunday July 8, 2012.
- Boilermaker President Steps Down, Search for Successor Under Way
- Boilermaker Urban Initiative Press Opportunities
- Boilermaker Charity Bib Reception Set for Tomorrow
- The Stanley to Host Roast and Toast of Boilermaker President Tim Reed
- Boilermaker Presents Check to United Way
- UFD Wins Boilermaker Police and Firefighter Competition Again
- Registration Information
- MVCC and The Boilermaker celebrate latest renovation of College's Utica campus walking track
- 2016 Sitrin Wheelchair Challenge Winner Receives Racing Wheelchair View More