New "Q Stations" at Boilermaker Post Race Party
(Jul. 7, 2012)
Utica NY (July 7, 2012) - Although "Q Stations" may sound futuristic to some, they are actually just 13 days away… For the first time, the Boilermaker Road Race will be selling a limited edition Finisher's Medal at the Post Race Party from "Q Stations," sponsored by Quadsimia, a leader in technological innovation. Each "Q Station" will be outfitted with medals and an IPAD that will process sales.
The desire to reach more people at the Brewery was how the idea of the "Q Station" was born. Tim Reed, the Boilermaker Executive Director said, "The crowd at the Post Race Party is so large, it makes it hard for people to navigate their way to any one location. Quadsimia has given us technology that is moving us to the people."
There will be 4 "Q Stations" at the Post Race Party. Specific Locations are marked on the Post Race Party Map in the runner's' program book. Medals will be sold for $10. "Q Stations" will only process debit/credit cards, but the medals also will be available at the Boilermaker Merchandise area, where cash as well as debit and credit cards will be accepted.
The medal was unveiled last Thursday at the final Boilermaker Committee Meeting, where over 200 people were in attendance. The overwhelming response was "Wait, where can I get one of these again?"
Boilermaker Road Race
- Boilermaker President Steps Down, Search for Successor Under Way
- Boilermaker Urban Initiative Press Opportunities
- Boilermaker Charity Bib Reception Set for Tomorrow
- The Stanley to Host Roast and Toast of Boilermaker President Tim Reed
- Boilermaker Presents Check to United Way
- UFD Wins Boilermaker Police and Firefighter Competition Again
- Registration Information
- MVCC and The Boilermaker celebrate latest renovation of College's Utica campus walking track
- 2016 Sitrin Wheelchair Challenge Winner Receives Racing Wheelchair View More