Firefighters Find First Place
(Jul. 20, 2012)
Utica, NY (July 20, 2012)- The Utica Fire Department once again ended up in the winner's circle in the 2012 Bob Ingalls Police and Fire Competition. The awards ceremony took place July 18th at the F.X. Matt Brewery 1888 Tavern.
This was the eighth year the Boilermaker Road Race featured the Police and Fire Competition which was renamed in 2009 to the Bob Ingalls Police and Fire Competition in honor of its late founder. The department with the five fastest Boilermaker 15K runners receives a traveling trophy and more importantly, bragging rights.
"It's great seeing the healthy competition among these two groups" said Jim Stasaitis, Race Director of the Boilermaker Road Race. "In the end, whether they win or not, it's a real treat to get a chance to acknowledge these great individuals."
The Utica Fire Department's team finished with a combined finish time of 5 hours fifty eight minutes averaging 1 hour 11 minutes a participant. The Utica Police Department had a combined time of 6 hours six minutes with an average of one hour thirteen minutes. Brenton Seamon of the UPD had the overall fastest time clocking in at 64 minutes 11 seconds. Mello Testa Jr. was the leader of the UFD posting a 65 minute 43 second Boilermaker.
"I congratulate the Fire Department for again prevailing as a team and winning this allegedly friendly competition" said Mayor Rob Palmieri. "I also applaud the effort of Brenton Seamon of the Utica Police Department, whose individual, overall victory takes some of the sting out of yet another loss to the rival firefighters."
The 35th running of the Boilermaker Road Race took place Sunday July 8, 2012.
- Boilermaker President Steps Down, Search for Successor Under Way
- Boilermaker Urban Initiative Press Opportunities
- Boilermaker Charity Bib Reception Set for Tomorrow
- The Stanley to Host Roast and Toast of Boilermaker President Tim Reed
- Boilermaker Presents Check to United Way
- UFD Wins Boilermaker Police and Firefighter Competition Again
- Registration Information
- MVCC and The Boilermaker celebrate latest renovation of College's Utica campus walking track
- 2016 Sitrin Wheelchair Challenge Winner Receives Racing Wheelchair View More