Boilermaker 15k Sells Out
(Jan. 15, 2013)
January 15, 2013 (Utica NY) - The Boilermaker Road Race has set a record before the first person has crossed the finish line reaching its cap in the quickest time ever. In 2012, the race was sold out on March 10, fully two months after registration opened. This year the field of 14,000 filled in three days.
"I don't think that any of us anticipated the speed in which the race closed out", said Race Director Jim Stasaitis. "This is a testament to the thousands of volunteers and our loyal sponsors who make this a must do race."
The 5k race, with a cap of 4,500, still has slots available, although it is anticipated that it will quickly fill with the closing of 15k registration.
There will still be two ways for those shut out to participate.
The race has set aside 200 bibs to support a charity bib program. In order for the runner to acquire the bib they must gather a minimum of $500 in pledges for the not for profit. The formal rollout of the program including the designated charities will be announced in February.
The race will again be offering a transfer policy where individuals can legally swap their bib to shutout runners. The transfer program will go-live April 1; there will be a $10 transfer fee.
The running of the 36th Boilermaker will take place on Sunday, July 14, 2013.
- Boilermaker President Steps Down, Search for Successor Under Way
- Boilermaker Urban Initiative Press Opportunities
- Boilermaker Charity Bib Reception Set for Tomorrow
- The Stanley to Host Roast and Toast of Boilermaker President Tim Reed
- Boilermaker Presents Check to United Way
- UFD Wins Boilermaker Police and Firefighter Competition Again
- Registration Information
- MVCC and The Boilermaker celebrate latest renovation of College's Utica campus walking track
- 2016 Sitrin Wheelchair Challenge Winner Receives Racing Wheelchair View More