Boilermaker Charity Bib Partners Revealed
(Mar. 15, 2013)
March 15, 2013 (Utica N.Y.)- The Boilermaker Road Race introduced the not for profits that will be participating in the charity bib program. Two hundred bibs will be available for runners to participate in the 2013 Boilermaker. In order to participate, runners must register with one of the chosen charities and commit to raising a minimum of $500 in pledges. The charity bibs are usable for either the 15k or 5k races.
'We feel very confident that these bibs will move very quickly' said Tim Reed, President of the Boilermaker Road Race. 'It will be very exciting to see how much gets raised for these organizations.'
The charity signup will go live on Monday, March 18th at noon (EST). The charity bib icon will be found at boilermaker.com.
The selected charities are: A Better Chance of Clinton and the Mohawk Valley, Aids Community Resources, Central New York Veterans Outreach Center, CNY Susan G. Koman for the Cure, Food Bank of Central New York, Friends of the Arc, Make a Wish Central New York, Resource Center for Independent Living, Sitrin Medical Rehabilitation Center and the YMCA of Greater Syracuse.
'Being associated with the Boilermaker provides a platform to raise much needed funding and awareness for Make-A-Wish Central New York' said Diane Kupperman President& CEO of Make-A-Wish. It is truly an honor to affiliate with this high profile event and incredible group of people. The benefit will be long-lasting, providing hope, strength and joy to kids and families in Central New York."
The race will be giving three prizes to the top three pledge-gathers including free entry in the next 5 Boilermakers.
The 36th running of the Boilermaker Road Race will take place Sunday July 14, 2013
- Boilermaker President Steps Down, Search for Successor Under Way
- Boilermaker Urban Initiative Press Opportunities
- Boilermaker Charity Bib Reception Set for Tomorrow
- The Stanley to Host Roast and Toast of Boilermaker President Tim Reed
- Boilermaker Presents Check to United Way
- UFD Wins Boilermaker Police and Firefighter Competition Again
- Registration Information
- MVCC and The Boilermaker celebrate latest renovation of College's Utica campus walking track
- 2016 Sitrin Wheelchair Challenge Winner Receives Racing Wheelchair View More