Boilermaker Boosts Prize Money
(Apr. 10, 2013)
April 10, 2013 (Utica, NY) - The Boilermaker Road Race announced an increase in prize money. The prize monies are spread among the male and female open, masters and top American categories. In all, the Prize Payout will rise by nearly $12,000 to an overall payout of over $57,000.
Two of the major changes are for First Place in the Open male/female Division rising from $6,000 to $7,000 and the Top American male/female going from $1,000 to $2,000.
There is an additional bonus of $1,000 to be awarded to the first open male/ female runner who breaks the current course record. The course records are 47:57 for females, 42:46 for males.
'We are confident this will act as a catalyst to draw the best in our sport to Utica' said Elite Running Coordinator Dick Mattia. 'In addition, we should see a real increase in the quality of American runners competing in the Boilermaker Road Race as well as helping to support the efforts nationally to compensate athletes who are training to compete globally representing the United States.
- Boilermaker President Steps Down, Search for Successor Under Way
- Boilermaker Urban Initiative Press Opportunities
- Boilermaker Charity Bib Reception Set for Tomorrow
- The Stanley to Host Roast and Toast of Boilermaker President Tim Reed
- Boilermaker Presents Check to United Way
- UFD Wins Boilermaker Police and Firefighter Competition Again
- Registration Information
- MVCC and The Boilermaker celebrate latest renovation of College's Utica campus walking track
- 2016 Sitrin Wheelchair Challenge Winner Receives Racing Wheelchair View More