The Boilermaker and the Central Association for the Blind and Visually Impaired Team-Up for Boston Marathon Victims
(May. 14, 2013)
May 14, 2013 (Utica, N.Y.)- The Central Association for the Blind and Visually Impaired (CABVI) has folded and packaged over 1,000 t-shirts for the Boilermaker. The t-shirts were sold by the Boilermaker to raise funds for the victims of the Boston Marathon bombings. The shirts, like the Race, sold out in 3 days.
Displaying "Boilermaker 2013" on the front and "Run for Boston" on the back, the shirts are loaded with a hyper-color technology that allows the back graphic to show up only when it gets wet or a runner sweats. Proceeds from the sale of these t-shirts reached $10,000 and one hundred percent was donated to the Boston Athletic Association's charity of choice, "The One Fund," on behalf of the Boilermaker runners, spectators and volunteers.
CABVI provided the labor to fold and package the t-shirts for mailing free of charge. "We were honored to be able to help with this endeavor and donate our services. The Boilermaker Road Race is a staple in this community and when they approached us about helping with the t-shirt project we jumped at the chance," said Ed Welsh, CABVI Board Chairman. "It is our pleasure to be able to do our part to help the victims of this horrible tragedy." Dennis Webster, CABVI's Vice President of Manufacturing and Business Services added, "The CABVI employees who worked on the joint effort were thrilled to be able to participate in this venture to assist the Boilermaker in raising these funds."
The Boilermaker would like to extend its sincerest appreciation to everyone who purchased t-shirts in support of the Boston Victims. "This Race had prided itself on community collaboration," said Boilermaker President, Tim Reed. "We simply could not have gotten this project done as we did, without the generous services of CABVI."
- Boilermaker President Steps Down, Search for Successor Under Way
- Boilermaker Urban Initiative Press Opportunities
- Boilermaker Charity Bib Reception Set for Tomorrow
- The Stanley to Host Roast and Toast of Boilermaker President Tim Reed
- Boilermaker Presents Check to United Way
- UFD Wins Boilermaker Police and Firefighter Competition Again
- Registration Information
- MVCC and The Boilermaker celebrate latest renovation of College's Utica campus walking track
- 2016 Sitrin Wheelchair Challenge Winner Receives Racing Wheelchair View More