2013 Boilermaker Scholarship Winners Announced
(May. 17, 2013)
May 17, 2013 (Utica, NY) - The Boilermaker Road Race is pleased to announce the winners of the 9th Annual Boilermaker Scholarship. Six of the top scholastic distance runners in Central New York are the winners of the 2013 Boilermaker Scholarships. Rome Free Academy runner, Brianna Weir and Holland Patent Central School runner, Todd Stevens will be honored for "Outstanding Achievement in Distance Running." Alysa Hoffman, Holland Patent High School, James Scrafford, Cooperstown Central School, Brandon Rawson, Ilion Senior High and Victoria Campania, South Lewis Central School all won scholarships for "Outstanding Commitment in Distance Running.
Officials from the Boilermaker presented $1000 checks to each recipient at a breakfast ceremony on Friday, May 17th at the Radisson Hotel Utica Centre at 8:00 a.m. The scholarship winners also receive complimentary entries for the 2013 Boilermaker 15K and will start the race on July 14, 2013 with the elite runners. This year they will also receive an entry into the 2013 National Distance Running Hall of Fame Race being held this Sunday, May 19th at 8:00 AM.
The Boilermaker began the high school scholarship program in 2005. Since its inception, forty-two scholarships have been awarded.
- Boilermaker President Steps Down, Search for Successor Under Way
- Boilermaker Urban Initiative Press Opportunities
- Boilermaker Charity Bib Reception Set for Tomorrow
- The Stanley to Host Roast and Toast of Boilermaker President Tim Reed
- Boilermaker Presents Check to United Way
- UFD Wins Boilermaker Police and Firefighter Competition Again
- Registration Information
- MVCC and The Boilermaker celebrate latest renovation of College's Utica campus walking track
- 2016 Sitrin Wheelchair Challenge Winner Receives Racing Wheelchair View More