Corporate Cup Champions
(Jul. 31, 2013)
July 31, 2013 (Utica, N.Y.)- The F.X. Matt 1888 Tavern was the location of the annual Corporate Cup awards. This year makes the 30th anniversary of the Corporate Cup which is sponsored by Excellus BlueCross BlueShield. 'This event totally fits within our corporate strategy of promoting fitness' said Eve Van de Wal, regional president of Excellus. 'It's obvious that the promotion of healthy competition has brought out the best in these organizations.'
A total of 70 teams representing nearly 800 runners competed in event. The top three teams in each of nine divisions received plaques.
In addition, a drawing was held to award three, five hundred dollar donations to not for profits nominated by corporate cup teams. The winning charities were:
Doctors without Borders nominated by NYS Department of Environmental Conservation
National Center for Missing and Exploited Children by MetLife
St. Elizabeth Medical Center by St. Elizabeth Medical Center
'It's gratifying to see camaraderie that exists among this group' said Cosmo Castellano, the corporate cup coordinator. 'The not for profit awards really take this event to another level.'
Fastest overall runners were Eileen Ferguson (National Grid) who clocked in at 01:04:26, while Josh Olney (Holland Patent Central School) finished in 00:54:06.
The fastest overall team was Knolls Atomic Power Laboratory, which competed in the Open Division, and posted a team time of 01:00:58.
Complete results can be found at:
- Boilermaker President Steps Down, Search for Successor Under Way
- Boilermaker Urban Initiative Press Opportunities
- Boilermaker Charity Bib Reception Set for Tomorrow
- The Stanley to Host Roast and Toast of Boilermaker President Tim Reed
- Boilermaker Presents Check to United Way
- UFD Wins Boilermaker Police and Firefighter Competition Again
- Registration Information
- MVCC and The Boilermaker celebrate latest renovation of College's Utica campus walking track
- 2016 Sitrin Wheelchair Challenge Winner Receives Racing Wheelchair View More