Utica Roadrunner's Announces Relaunch of Training Program
(Jan. 7, 2014)
Utica, NY (December 27, 2013) - The Utica Roadrunners announces the return of the Boilermaker Training Program. The program will begin on Saturday, January 4, 2014 at 7:00 a.m. in the Fitness Mill, Main Street, New York Mills. The goals of the program include introducing people to the sport of running, keeping runners motivated and focused on completing the Boilermaker, and promoting the sport of running, according to Mike Kessler, Vice President of Activities and Events for the Utica Roadrunners.
The cost of participation is $25 includes your first year's membership to the Utica Roadrunners as well as five weeks of instruction at the Fitness Mill. Classes include injury prevention, warm up and stretch, footwear and apparel, nutrition and cross training. Following the each of the classes will be running on the indoor track with past Boilermaker Runners. The new runners will be taught how to safely increase their mileage gradually.
In February, the Training Program will meet at the Parkway Recreation Center where the class will start running courses on the roads to prepare them for running America's Best 15K: The Boilermaker.
Anyone interested in finding out more about the Boilermaker Training Program can go to HYPERLINK "http://www.train2run15K.com" uticaroadrunners.org or call Linda Turner at 315-796-4870 or Mike Kessler at 796-1045. Participants need to arrive at The Fitness Mill for registration by 7:00 a.m. Special Parking for the program is provided in the back lot. Participants will need to wear workout clothes. Please bring running shoes in a separate bag.
Payment can be made by cash or check.View Recent Press
- Boilermaker President Steps Down, Search for Successor Under Way
- Boilermaker Urban Initiative Press Opportunities
- Boilermaker Charity Bib Reception Set for Tomorrow
- The Stanley to Host Roast and Toast of Boilermaker President Tim Reed
- Boilermaker Presents Check to United Way
- UFD Wins Boilermaker Police and Firefighter Competition Again
- Registration Information
- MVCC and The Boilermaker celebrate latest renovation of College's Utica campus walking track
- 2016 Sitrin Wheelchair Challenge Winner Receives Racing Wheelchair View More