Boilermaker Unveils 2014 Charity Bib Participants
(Mar. 6, 2014)
(Utica, N.Y.)- The Boilermaker Road Race revealed the charities involved in the 2014 Boilermaker Charity Bib Program.
Eleven charities will be participating in this year's Charity Bib Program. This year's organizations are: ACR Health, Cardiac Research at Masonic Research, Central New York Veterans Outreach Center, CNY Susan G Koman for the Cure, Food Bank of Central New York, Friends of the Arc Foundation, Sitrin Health Care Center, Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation of Central New York, Make-A-Wish Central New York, Upstate Cerebral Palsy and Central Association for the Blind and Visually Impaired. There are 200 bibs available among the charities. There were requests for over 500 bibs.
The Boilermaker Charity Bib Program will open on Monday March 10, 2014 at 9:00 am (EST). Participants can sign up for the 15k& 5k races and 3 Mile Walk. The Boilermaker Charity Bib registration link will be located at boilermaker.com.
'We wanted to make sure that all the charity bibs are used this year so we decided to open their registration earlier than open registration' said Tim Reed, president of the Boilermaker Road Race. 'This is the one way a runner can insure they get into this year's race.'
Last year's Boilermaker Charity Bib Program, the inaugural year, raised over $105,000 for ten local not for profits.
The 37th running of the Boilermaker will take place Sunday July 13, 2014View Recent Press
- Boilermaker President Steps Down, Search for Successor Under Way
- Boilermaker Urban Initiative Press Opportunities
- Boilermaker Charity Bib Reception Set for Tomorrow
- The Stanley to Host Roast and Toast of Boilermaker President Tim Reed
- Boilermaker Presents Check to United Way
- UFD Wins Boilermaker Police and Firefighter Competition Again
- Registration Information
- MVCC and The Boilermaker celebrate latest renovation of College's Utica campus walking track
- 2016 Sitrin Wheelchair Challenge Winner Receives Racing Wheelchair View More