Boilermaker Once Again Laces Up Combat Boots
(May. 30, 2014)
(Utica, NY)-The Boilermaker Road Race will again support a shadow run overseas- this time in Kuwait. Shadow runs are held on the same day as the run they honor. This will be the seventh of these runs the Boilermaker has supported; three have taken place in Iraq and three in Afghanistan.
1St Lieutenant Jeffery Ruso, of the 42nd Combat Aviation Brigade (National Guard) who was Race Director of the 2012 run in Afghanistan contacted the Boilermaker about having a run in Kuwait where his unit is currently deployed.
Traditionally the race sends various race support gear.
Temperatures in Kuwait in July traditionally are usually over 110 degrees;
in order to cool the troops the Boilermaker will provide a chill towel sporting the shadow run logo. These towels, when wet, can provide up to 20 degrees cooling.
A limited amount of these towels will be for sale at the Boilermaker Expo and at the Boilermaker online store for $10.
Seifert Graphics will once again donate the start/ finish line banner and Mohawk Global Logistics has volunteered to transport the race gear to Kuwait.
'The race is obviously thrilled to once again support our troops' said Boilermaker President Tim Reed. 'We await their safe return.'View Recent Press
- Boilermaker President Steps Down, Search for Successor Under Way
- Boilermaker Urban Initiative Press Opportunities
- Boilermaker Charity Bib Reception Set for Tomorrow
- The Stanley to Host Roast and Toast of Boilermaker President Tim Reed
- Boilermaker Presents Check to United Way
- UFD Wins Boilermaker Police and Firefighter Competition Again
- Registration Information
- MVCC and The Boilermaker celebrate latest renovation of College's Utica campus walking track
- 2016 Sitrin Wheelchair Challenge Winner Receives Racing Wheelchair View More