Boilermaker Jets Missing
(May. 5, 2015)
For the second year in a row the Boilermaker Road Race Post Race Party will be absent a jet flyover.
Due to scheduling conflicts the Genesee Warbirds, who have previously performed the flyover, will not be able to return this year. In 2014, due to adverse weather conditions, the Warbirds were unable to take off from Rochester to perform the flyover.
The race had requested a flyover by the military earlier in the year which was declined. The last military flyover took place July 2009 when the 174th F-16 squadron was still located at Syracuse.
The Boilermaker will reach out via social media to survey what the participants would like to have happen at the conclusion on the singing of the National Anthem which was traditionally when the flyover would take place.
"We thought it would be a great idea to reach out to the general public asking what their ideas might be" said Tim Reed, president of the Boilermaker. "Who knows what inventive ideas people might come up with."
Due to the brewery fire that took place on May 29, 2008 fireworks will not be an alternative.
The 38th running of the Boilermaker Road Race will take place Sunday July 12, 2015.View Recent Press
- Boilermaker President Steps Down, Search for Successor Under Way
- Boilermaker Urban Initiative Press Opportunities
- Boilermaker Charity Bib Reception Set for Tomorrow
- The Stanley to Host Roast and Toast of Boilermaker President Tim Reed
- Boilermaker Presents Check to United Way
- UFD Wins Boilermaker Police and Firefighter Competition Again
- Registration Information
- MVCC and The Boilermaker celebrate latest renovation of College's Utica campus walking track
- 2016 Sitrin Wheelchair Challenge Winner Receives Racing Wheelchair View More