Boilermaker To Hold 2015 National Anthem Competition
(May. 11, 2015)
The Boilermaker Road Race is holding a competition to find 7 people to sing the National Anthem a cappella at various 2015 Boilermaker events. Anyone participating must sing a traditional version of the National Anthem and be able to complete the song within one minute and thirty-five seconds.
This year the Boilermaker is working with the Utica Comets to find some super local talent. "We are simply delighted to be involved with the Boilermaker" said Gina Nassivera Director of Comets Game Operations. "It's great to be able to support a fellow local sports organization." Candidates can submit a video to: email@example.com.
The deadline for submitting a video will be Saturday, June 13th by midnight.
"We are excited to partner with the Comets" said Judy Ingalls, Boilermaker Special Events Director. "They have consistently had fantastic talent performing the National Anthem at their games."
Winners will sing at the following Boilermaker venues: the Utica National Kids' Run, Wal-mart Walk, Bank of America Youth Olympics, The Fountainhead Volunteer Party, Carbone 5K Race, Boilermaker Community Mile and Price Chopper Post Race Party.
"We always have a tough time deciding on the winner's," said Alex D'Acunto, Boilermaker National Anthem Competition Coordinator. "We usually have about 30 contestants in the competition. We will have a panel of local music professionals to judge the competition and each winning contestants in the competition will be assigned an event and will receive Boilermaker clothing to wear during their performance."
The 38th running of the Boilermaker Road Race will take place on Sunday July 11, 2015View Recent Press
- Boilermaker President Steps Down, Search for Successor Under Way
- Boilermaker Urban Initiative Press Opportunities
- Boilermaker Charity Bib Reception Set for Tomorrow
- The Stanley to Host Roast and Toast of Boilermaker President Tim Reed
- Boilermaker Presents Check to United Way
- UFD Wins Boilermaker Police and Firefighter Competition Again
- Registration Information
- MVCC and The Boilermaker celebrate latest renovation of College's Utica campus walking track
- 2016 Sitrin Wheelchair Challenge Winner Receives Racing Wheelchair View More