Blizzard Predicted for 2015 Boilermaker
(May. 20, 2015)
While the Boilermaker Road Race is known for blazing temperatures this year's course may look more akin to the North Pole.
Following the tradition of many sports, including the Utica Comets, the Boilermaker will be conducting a white out of the 9.3 mile course.
The Boilermaker will be offering a limited edition tee-shirt proclaiming 'I made it snow in July'. Shirts will be available for purchase for $10 at boilermaker.com or at A&P Master Images, located at 205 Water Street, Utica, NY. Proceeds from shirt sales will be used to support local Boilermaker youth health and wellness initiatives.
'People have often referred to Boilermaker Sunday as Christmas in July' said Jim Raymer, Boilermaker merchandise Director. 'We see this as a way to both create a spectacle for the runners and really make our loyal spectators an important part of the event.'
It is believed this is the first time a white out concept has been attempted for a major road race.
The 38th running of the Boilermaker Road Race will take place on July 12, 2015.View Recent Press
- Boilermaker President Steps Down, Search for Successor Under Way
- Boilermaker Urban Initiative Press Opportunities
- Boilermaker Charity Bib Reception Set for Tomorrow
- The Stanley to Host Roast and Toast of Boilermaker President Tim Reed
- Boilermaker Presents Check to United Way
- UFD Wins Boilermaker Police and Firefighter Competition Again
- Registration Information
- MVCC and The Boilermaker celebrate latest renovation of College's Utica campus walking track
- 2016 Sitrin Wheelchair Challenge Winner Receives Racing Wheelchair View More