Boilermaker Opens Mile Run to Community
(May. 20, 2015)
The Boilermaker Road Race will be bringing back Boilermaker Mile as the opening event of Boilermaker Week. This year's run will take place at F.T. Proctor Park, Culver Ave., Utica on Tuesday, July 7th.
The biggest change is opening the mile run, formerly an invitation only event, to the general public. The Boilermaker Mile will feature a number of heats including invited high school and college runners, special needs and the general community. The community run will be capped at 200 total participants. The first heat will take place at 6:00 PM.
"We wanted to have the race on a course that was not extremely challenging that could affect the times of those running the Boilermaker 15K a few days later" said Ted Petrillo race director of the mile run. 'While this will be a timed race, we welcome people of all abilities to engage in some healthy exercise.'
Registration fee will be ten dollars; all participants who sign up prior to June 21st will receive a commemorative tee shirt.
A portion of the proceeds will be donated to Central New York Conservancy for the on-going restoration of the park system.
Participants can sign up on RunSignUp. There will be no race day registration.
Questions may be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.View Recent Press
- Boilermaker President Steps Down, Search for Successor Under Way
- Boilermaker Urban Initiative Press Opportunities
- Boilermaker Charity Bib Reception Set for Tomorrow
- The Stanley to Host Roast and Toast of Boilermaker President Tim Reed
- Boilermaker Presents Check to United Way
- UFD Wins Boilermaker Police and Firefighter Competition Again
- Registration Information
- MVCC and The Boilermaker celebrate latest renovation of College's Utica campus walking track
- 2016 Sitrin Wheelchair Challenge Winner Receives Racing Wheelchair View More