Utica Police Department Nab Boilermaker Police and Fire Award
(Jul. 23, 2015)
The Utica Police Department (UPD) captured the coveted Bob Ingalls Police and Fire Completion Award from the Utica Fire Department (UFD)at the 2015 Boilermaker Road Race. The award, in its 11th year, was renamed the Bob Ingalls Police and Fire Competition in 2009 named after the late founder of the event who served both as Executive Director of the Boilermaker and with the Oneida County Sheriff's Department.
"I want to applaud all of the police and fire runners who participated in the Bob Ingalls Police & Firefighter Competition" said Mark Williams, Chief of the UPD. "We are appreciative to the Boilermaker committee for recognizing our public safety personnel with this friendly competition and hope it continues for years to come. I am especially proud of our police officers and congratulate them on winning and reclaiming the trophy. Our victory will afford me the perfect opportunity for some friendly needling and bragging rights with my friend and colleague Fire Chief Russell Brooks."
The UPD team's top five runners had an average time of 1 hour 15 minutes 29 seconds, while the UFD scored 1 hour 30 minutes 7 seconds. Paul Paladino was the top runner for the UPD coming in a 64 minutes 41 seconds, Philip Trzcinski was tops for the UFD at 74 minutes 35 seconds.
"There is a lot of good-humored banter back and forth that goes on between the guys who participate in the race," said the competition's Coordinator Frank Simonelli. "They get a big kick out of it. It is a great competition and we hope it continues for years to come."View Recent Press
- Boilermaker President Steps Down, Search for Successor Under Way
- Boilermaker Urban Initiative Press Opportunities
- Boilermaker Charity Bib Reception Set for Tomorrow
- The Stanley to Host Roast and Toast of Boilermaker President Tim Reed
- Boilermaker Presents Check to United Way
- UFD Wins Boilermaker Police and Firefighter Competition Again
- Registration Information
- MVCC and The Boilermaker celebrate latest renovation of College's Utica campus walking track
- 2016 Sitrin Wheelchair Challenge Winner Receives Racing Wheelchair View More