Third Time a Charm for Charity
(Aug. 3, 2015)
The third annual Boilermaker Charity Bib Program wrapped up setting a new record.
This year the charity bib program raised nearly one hundred forty nine thousand dollars ($149,000): forty runners raised in excess of a thousand dollars ($1,000).
Those participants who were a part of the elite 'thousand dollar club' will be honored at the Charity Bib Finale taking place August 18th at the Boilermaker offices.
The 2015 Boilermaker Charity Bib Class was comprised of twenty-one charities serving the many needs of the community. The Boilermaker offered up to 260 bibs, free of charge, to not for profits who support local needs and are in alignment with the Boilermakers mission.
Runners needed to raise a minimum of five hundred dollars ($500) to qualify as a Charity Bib Runner. New in 2015 was the opportunity for runners who registered in the traditional method to join a charity team and raise money.
"The Boilermaker prides itself on being a change agent for health and wellness" said Tim Reed, president of the Boilermaker. "The Boilermaker Charity Bib Program is a perfect way for us to help those who help others."
In three years the Boilermaker Charity Bib Program has raised nearly four hundred thousand dollars ($400,000) for local not for profits.
"I love participating in the Charity Bib Program because it gives you a little something extra to run for" said Andrew Derminio who ran for Sitrin. "When you hit the finish line of the best 15k in America you feel you have accomplished something both physically and morally."View Recent Press
- Boilermaker President Steps Down, Search for Successor Under Way
- Boilermaker Urban Initiative Press Opportunities
- Boilermaker Charity Bib Reception Set for Tomorrow
- The Stanley to Host Roast and Toast of Boilermaker President Tim Reed
- Boilermaker Presents Check to United Way
- UFD Wins Boilermaker Police and Firefighter Competition Again
- Registration Information
- MVCC and The Boilermaker celebrate latest renovation of College's Utica campus walking track
- 2016 Sitrin Wheelchair Challenge Winner Receives Racing Wheelchair View More