Boilermaker 'White Out' Generates Green
(Mar. 9, 2016)
A number of regional not for profits were the recipients of funding from a merchandise effort held last year.
The Boilermaker Road Race offered spectators a commemorative tee shirt as a way to be a part of the race by creating a visual spectacle.
All proceeds were to be directed toward supporting youth initiatives.
"People have often called the Boilermaker Christmas in July so we thought it would be cool to create a blizzard in the middle of the summer," said Jim Raymer, merchandise director of the Boilermaker Road Race. "It was an opportunity for our loyal spectators to a part of the event and help our community."
Agencies receiving checks were: Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation (JDRF), Dick Miller Basketball, Young Scholars Liberty Partnership Program of Utica College and the Central Association for the Blind and Visually Impaired (CABVI).
"Young Scholars wishes to thank the Boilermaker for its support of its Washington D.C. trip in June, 2016," said Pamela Matt, executive director of Young Scholars Liberty Partnerships Program at Utica College. "Without donations such as these rising 10th grade young scholars would not be able to attend what they consider one of the best memories of their young scholars' years."View Recent Press
- Boilermaker President Steps Down, Search for Successor Under Way
- Boilermaker Urban Initiative Press Opportunities
- Boilermaker Charity Bib Reception Set for Tomorrow
- The Stanley to Host Roast and Toast of Boilermaker President Tim Reed
- Boilermaker Presents Check to United Way
- UFD Wins Boilermaker Police and Firefighter Competition Again
- Registration Information
- MVCC and The Boilermaker celebrate latest renovation of College's Utica campus walking track
- 2016 Sitrin Wheelchair Challenge Winner Receives Racing Wheelchair View More