2016 Boilermaker Road Race Fills Field
(Mar. 29, 2016)
The Boilermaker Road Race reached its registration caps today for the 15k & 5k races, to be held July 10, 2016. Registration caps were set at 14,000 for the 15k and 4,500 for the 5k races.
Similar to 2015, runners who participated in the previous year's Boilermaker and finished within the prescribed running time were given a week to register prior to open registration: 7,473 signed up for the 15k and 1,855 for the 5k.
The remaining slots were made available via open registration which commenced on Saturday, March 18th at Noon.
"This was the second year with our registration company, and the tiered process went extremely smooth," said Jim Stasaitis, race director of the Boilermaker. "Our runners were able to take their time which meant more accurate information for us and our timing company."
There will be an automated waitlist for those who did not register, but still wish to participate.
Registration for the 3 Mile Walk, which takes place Saturday July 9, 2016 at the Masonic Care Community remains open at boilermaker.com.
The 39th running of the Boilermaker Road Race will take place on Sunday July 10, 2016 in Utica New York.View Recent Press
- Boilermaker President Steps Down, Search for Successor Under Way
- Boilermaker Urban Initiative Press Opportunities
- Boilermaker Charity Bib Reception Set for Tomorrow
- The Stanley to Host Roast and Toast of Boilermaker President Tim Reed
- Boilermaker Presents Check to United Way
- UFD Wins Boilermaker Police and Firefighter Competition Again
- Registration Information
- MVCC and The Boilermaker celebrate latest renovation of College's Utica campus walking track
- 2016 Sitrin Wheelchair Challenge Winner Receives Racing Wheelchair View More