(Mar. 31, 2016)
The Boilermaker is proud to collaborate on a project which will bring a farmers market and health and fitness education to the West Utica community. The West Utica Public Market will run every Tuesday from 3:30 pm to 6:30 pm, starting June 7th and ending on October 11th. It will be held in the parking lot of the Shops at the Finish Line, directly behind the Boilermaker offices.
West Utica is considered a 'food desert' which is defined as an area which does not offer access to fresh fruit, vegetables, and other healthy foods. This is largely due to a lack of grocery stores, farmers markets and other healthy food providers.
"This market will fill a direct need in the community," says Tim Reed, president of the Boilermaker Road Race. "After having moved our offices from downtown to West Utica, we realized that there is no easy access to healthy food in this community, and we want to fill that void as the Boilermaker is all about health and wellness."
"The mission statement of this new farmers market is 'Good food. Good people. Good community,' and we're looking for good vendors to bring a healthy mix of produce and food to the residents of West Utica," says Rebecca Spataro-Kearns, manager of the West Utica Public Market.
To have an application sent to you, or for more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (315)731-3707.View Recent Press
- Boilermaker President Steps Down, Search for Successor Under Way
- Boilermaker Urban Initiative Press Opportunities
- Boilermaker Charity Bib Reception Set for Tomorrow
- The Stanley to Host Roast and Toast of Boilermaker President Tim Reed
- Boilermaker Presents Check to United Way
- UFD Wins Boilermaker Police and Firefighter Competition Again
- Registration Information
- MVCC and The Boilermaker celebrate latest renovation of College's Utica campus walking track
- 2016 Sitrin Wheelchair Challenge Winner Receives Racing Wheelchair View More