Boilermaker Debuts Final Mile Song
(May. 12, 2016)
The Boilermaker certainly can inspire people, some to volunteer and some to run. For the local band, The Final Mile, it inspired them to write a song about the race. "The band felt that an event like the Boilermaker deserves to have its own song" said Dick Chimielewski, lead singer for the band and song's author.
The song titled "Push Through That Final Mile" tells the story of the determination needed to finish the grueling 15k race and crossing the finish line after running that final mile.
"We certainly are humbled that Dick and his band would be inspired to write a song about the Boilermaker" said Tim Reed, president of the Boilermaker Road Race. "Music is certainly a part getting runners moving: how cool is it that we have our own song."
The Final Mile band is composed of Dick Chmielewski (guitar/vocal), Dan Parkin (bass guitar/ vocal), John Hutson (lead guitar/ vocal) and Malcom Parker (drums/ keyboard) who play a wide variety from Rock to Blues to Country.
A portion of the proceeds from the sales will be donated to the Boilermaker to support their health and wellness initiatives.
Dick Chmielewski (315) 534-2535
Dan Parkin (315) 240-7270
The 39th running of the Boilermaker Road Race will take place on Sunday, July 10, 2016, in Utica, NY.View Recent Press
- Boilermaker President Steps Down, Search for Successor Under Way
- Boilermaker Urban Initiative Press Opportunities
- Boilermaker Charity Bib Reception Set for Tomorrow
- The Stanley to Host Roast and Toast of Boilermaker President Tim Reed
- Boilermaker Presents Check to United Way
- UFD Wins Boilermaker Police and Firefighter Competition Again
- Registration Information
- MVCC and The Boilermaker celebrate latest renovation of College's Utica campus walking track
- 2016 Sitrin Wheelchair Challenge Winner Receives Racing Wheelchair View More