Liberatore Lands Boilermaker Broadcast Award
(Jun. 22, 2016)
The Boilermaker Road Race, are pleased to announce that Gary Liberatore of WKTV News Channel 2 has been awarded the Les Diven Award, in recognition of his "exceptional coverage" of the Boilermaker and contributions to the community.
Liberatore is anchor of the News Channel 2 Weekend Today, and also covers news stories during the week. He has covered the Boilermaker for nine years. "The people are my favorite part of the Boilermaker," said Liberatore. "You get all sorts of characters and everyone is incredibly upbeat. It truly is a day that exemplifies what Utica is all about."
The award is named in honor of Les Diven, a sports reporter for the Utica Daily Press and the Observer-Dispatch for more than four decades. Les was known for his commitment to local athletics as well as spending the time and effort to get the story right.
WKTV has been a long-time supporter of the Boilermaker. The station is one of the oldest NBC affiliates, and first went on air on December 1, 1949.
"It's an honor to give the Les Diven Award to Gary Liberatore," said Boilermaker President Tim Reed. "His on-air enthusiasm brings great spirit and fun to the race."
The 39th running of the Boilermaker Road Race will take place on Sunday July 10, 2016 in Utica, New York.View Recent Press
- Boilermaker President Steps Down, Search for Successor Under Way
- Boilermaker Urban Initiative Press Opportunities
- Boilermaker Charity Bib Reception Set for Tomorrow
- The Stanley to Host Roast and Toast of Boilermaker President Tim Reed
- Boilermaker Presents Check to United Way
- UFD Wins Boilermaker Police and Firefighter Competition Again
- Registration Information
- MVCC and The Boilermaker celebrate latest renovation of College's Utica campus walking track
- 2016 Sitrin Wheelchair Challenge Winner Receives Racing Wheelchair View More