Utica Fire 'Rescue' Boilermaker Police/ Fire Award
(Jul. 21, 2016)
The Utica Fire Department (UFD) regained the coveted Bob Ingalls Police and Fire Completion Award from the Utica Police Department (UPD)at the 2016 Boilermaker Road Race. The award, in its 12th year, was renamed the Bob Ingalls Police and Fire Competition in 2009 named after the late founder of the event who served both as Executive Director of the Boilermaker and with the Oneida County Sheriff's Department.
"I would like to thank the Boilermaker committee for allowing this great competition. It always allows comradery between departments, as well as between Chief Williams and I" said Utica Fire Chief Russ Brooks. "First and foremost, I'd like to commend all who participated in the 2016 Boilermaker Road Race. Something each and every one of you should be proud of regardless of your finish time. Congratulations to our firefighters on their victory: no surprise! After all, the UFD has won 9 out of 12 races against the UPD. We will proudly reclaim the trophy and the bragging rights that go with it!"
The UFD team's top five runners had an average time of 1 hour 9 minutes 46 seconds, while the UPD scored 1 hour 12 minutes 21 seconds. Daniel Taurisani was the top runner for the UFD coming in a 64 minutes 41 seconds, Paul Paladino was tops for the UPD at 69 minutes 49 seconds.
New this year is a $250 grant to the winner's charity of choice: the Fire Department has chosen the Food Bank of Utica as the recipient.
"It's an honor to be able to present the Bob Ingalls Police/Fire award in memory of a person that thoroughly enjoyed a good game of competition, especially when it came to running a race said Judy Ingalls, Bob's wife. "It is also a true honor to be able to present it to the people that he had the utmost respect for, those who serve our communities and keep us safe. I would like to thank the Utica Police and Utica Fire Departments for participating in one of Bob's greatest passions, the Boilermaker."View Recent Press
- Boilermaker President Steps Down, Search for Successor Under Way
- Boilermaker Urban Initiative Press Opportunities
- Boilermaker Charity Bib Reception Set for Tomorrow
- The Stanley to Host Roast and Toast of Boilermaker President Tim Reed
- Boilermaker Presents Check to United Way
- UFD Wins Boilermaker Police and Firefighter Competition Again
- Registration Information
- MVCC and The Boilermaker celebrate latest renovation of College's Utica campus walking track
- 2016 Sitrin Wheelchair Challenge Winner Receives Racing Wheelchair View More