MVCC and The Boilermaker celebrate latest renovation of College's Utica campus walking track
(Dec. 9, 2016)
As part of the relationship between The Boilermaker Road Race and Mohawk Valley Community College, Boilermaker CEO Tim Reed and MVCC President Randall VanWagoner recently celebrated The Boilermaker's efforts to renovate MVCC's walking track for the third year.
The work included finishing the walking track along Culver Avenue and extending it to meet the sidewalk in front of the nearby apartment complexes so there is a continuous walkway for pedestrians, as well as Boilermaker spectators. The Boilermaker also removed an area of granite curbing in front of the Jorgensen Athletic and Events Center, then paved over it to make the area safer for large crowds gathering there during events like the Boilermaker Expo.
"The project is a small gift of gratitude to MVCC for graciously hosting The Boilermaker Expo," said Reed. "The total refurbishment and trail connector offers runners preparing for The Boilermaker an opportunity to train in a safe environment."
Added VanWagoner, "As the community's college, MVCC welcomes everyone to use our campus facilities, including this track, for their personal wellness and enrichment, and this partnership with the Boilermaker is a great reminder of how together we can embrace the community."View Recent Press
- Boilermaker President Steps Down, Search for Successor Under Way
- Boilermaker Urban Initiative Press Opportunities
- Boilermaker Charity Bib Reception Set for Tomorrow
- The Stanley to Host Roast and Toast of Boilermaker President Tim Reed
- Boilermaker Presents Check to United Way
- UFD Wins Boilermaker Police and Firefighter Competition Again
- Registration Information
- MVCC and The Boilermaker celebrate latest renovation of College's Utica campus walking track
- 2016 Sitrin Wheelchair Challenge Winner Receives Racing Wheelchair View More