Comets and Boilermaker Join Forces to Collect Sports Equipment for Utica Youth
(Feb. 16, 2017)
The Utica Comets, in partnership with the Boilermaker Road Race and the Save of the Day Foundation, would like to announce the first ever Sneaks 'N Skates Sports Equipment Drive. The drive will take place during the Comets' upcoming 3-game home-stand, March 3rd, 4th, and 5th. Participants are encouraged to drop off their lightly used sports equipment at the EJA moving truck located across from the Labatt Blue Entrance before puck drop on any of the designated game-days.
The event marks a partnership between the city's two major sports entities, seeking to capitalize on their visibility to ensure that access to equipment is not a barrier to competition for any of the city's youth.
"This city has an incredible track-record of supporting charitable causes. Just look at the success of the New York Sash Teddy Bear Toss," said Boilermaker President, Tim Reed. "We are confident that our community will embrace this as another opportunity to showcase its generosity and compassion."
"We think that everyone should have a chance to play," said Comets President, Rob Esche. "What if the next NHL superstar is right here in our backyard but they never have the chance to skate because they can't get the equipment? If this event creates an opportunity for just one athlete, it will be a huge success."
For questions about the drive or if you would like you would like to organize a group donation, contact the Boilermaker offices at 315-731-3703.View Recent Press
- Boilermaker President Steps Down, Search for Successor Under Way
- Boilermaker Urban Initiative Press Opportunities
- Boilermaker Charity Bib Reception Set for Tomorrow
- The Stanley to Host Roast and Toast of Boilermaker President Tim Reed
- Boilermaker Presents Check to United Way
- UFD Wins Boilermaker Police and Firefighter Competition Again
- Registration Information
- MVCC and The Boilermaker celebrate latest renovation of College's Utica campus walking track
- 2016 Sitrin Wheelchair Challenge Winner Receives Racing Wheelchair View More