Boilermaker 15k Officially Reaches Cap, Still Ways to Participate
(May. 2, 2017)
The Boilermaker 15k road race officially reached its registration cap of 14,500 on Sunday, April 30th. The 15k race cap was increased by 500 runners for the 40th anniversary, which contributed to a longer registration period than the race has seen in recent years.
A few options exist for those who are still interested in participating in the 40th Boilermaker. Individuals may join a first-come first-served waiting list. Individuals on the waiting list will then be contacted if and when sufficient deferrals have been made to reach their lottery number. Registered runners may also transfer their bibs. Both the bib transfer and waiting list options are administered through RunSignUp which can be accessed via boilermaker.com.
A third option for locked-out runners is the Boilermaker Charity Bib Program. Charity Bib runners are tasked with raising funds on behalf of one of ten selected non-profit organizations. There are still 20 charity bibs available. Since the program's inception in 2013, $500,000 has been raised to benefit local charities. If interested in participating in Charity Bib, contact the Boilermaker's Community Outreach Director at email@example.com.
The 40th running of the Boilermaker Road Race will take place on Sunday, July 9th, 2017.View Recent Press
- Boilermaker President Steps Down, Search for Successor Under Way
- Boilermaker Urban Initiative Press Opportunities
- Boilermaker Charity Bib Reception Set for Tomorrow
- The Stanley to Host Roast and Toast of Boilermaker President Tim Reed
- Boilermaker Presents Check to United Way
- UFD Wins Boilermaker Police and Firefighter Competition Again
- Registration Information
- MVCC and The Boilermaker celebrate latest renovation of College's Utica campus walking track
- 2016 Sitrin Wheelchair Challenge Winner Receives Racing Wheelchair View More