2017 Boilermaker Winners
(Jul. 10, 2017)
First-time champion Silas Kipruto, 32 years old from Kenya, took the title in the men's open division, finishing two seconds ahead of 2016 winner, Teshome Mekonen. On the women's side, 28-year old Mary Wacera from Kenya took first place, two seconds ahead of late addition Ruti Aga Sora from Ethiopia. Wacera is now a three-time Boilermaker champion, winning in 2014 and 2015 as well. She needs one more win to join John Korir and Catherine Ndereba as the only four-time open division champions.
Timothy Ritchie, 29 from Brighton, Massachusetts was the top American male finisher and took fourth place overall. This is the highest finish by American runner since 1991, which is the year that the Boilermaker saw its last American champion, Ed Eyestone. Allie Kieffer, 29 from West Islip, New York was the top American female winner.
All of these results are unofficial pending drug test results. The 2017 Boilermaker Road Race was the fourth stop of the 2016-17 Professional Road Racing Organizations (PRRO) Circuit.
A complete list of prize money winners can be found at this link.
A complete list of race results including a breakdown of age group winners can be found here.
The 40th running of the Boilermaker Road Race took place on Sunday, July 9th, 2017.View Recent Press
- Boilermaker President Steps Down, Search for Successor Under Way
- Boilermaker Urban Initiative Press Opportunities
- Boilermaker Charity Bib Reception Set for Tomorrow
- The Stanley to Host Roast and Toast of Boilermaker President Tim Reed
- Boilermaker Presents Check to United Way
- UFD Wins Boilermaker Police and Firefighter Competition Again
- Registration Information
- MVCC and The Boilermaker celebrate latest renovation of College's Utica campus walking track
- 2016 Sitrin Wheelchair Challenge Winner Receives Racing Wheelchair View More