Boilermaker Presents Check to United Way
(Aug. 7, 2017)
August 7, 2017 (Utica, NY) The Boilermaker Road Race, along with Sodexo and local musician Chris Cooley presented a check for $3,107 to United Way of the Valley and Greater Utica Area on Monday, August 7th.
The funds were raised at the 20th annual Boilermaker Pasta Buffet held on Saturday before the race at the Boilermaker Expo at MVCC. For several years, Cooley has also contributed to the fundraiser by playing acoustic guitar outside of the venue and collecting donations. Sodexo donates their food and services while Smith Packing Company and Olivari Olive Oil also contribute their products to support the fundraiser.
"The funds donated from the Boilermaker Pasta Buffet go a long way to help meet the needs of people in our community through safety net funding to soup kitchens and food pantries," said Brenda Episcopo, Executive Director of United Way of the Valley and Greater Utica Area. "An added benefit of the pasta dinner is the sense of community it builds. There is nothing like sharing a meal with strangers and becoming friends."
Photo: L - R, Chris Cooley (Musician), Cindy Dardano (Pasta Buffet Coordinator), Brenda Episcopo (United Way), Keri Kane (United Way), John Lehmann (Sodexo)
The 40th running of the Boilermaker Road Race took place on Sunday, July 9th, 2017.View Recent Press
- Boilermaker President Steps Down, Search for Successor Under Way
- Boilermaker Urban Initiative Press Opportunities
- Boilermaker Charity Bib Reception Set for Tomorrow
- The Stanley to Host Roast and Toast of Boilermaker President Tim Reed
- Boilermaker Presents Check to United Way
- UFD Wins Boilermaker Police and Firefighter Competition Again
- Registration Information
- MVCC and The Boilermaker celebrate latest renovation of College's Utica campus walking track
- 2016 Sitrin Wheelchair Challenge Winner Receives Racing Wheelchair View More