The Stanley to Host Roast and Toast of Boilermaker President Tim Reed
(Sep. 13, 2017)
The Boilermaker Road Race, in conjunction with the Stanley Theatre, will host a Roast and Toast of Tim Reed, outgoing President of the Boilermaker Road Race. The event will take place at The Stanley on Thursday, October 12th at 6pm and is open to the public.
The evening will be emceed by radio personality Bill Keeler and feature a variety of guest speakers. The program will include a cocktail hour, followed by the roast and toast segment and conclude with coffee and dessert. Tickets are available at The Stanley Theatre Box Office and the Boilermaker Road Race headquarters located at 805 Court Street.
Reed announced that he will be stepping down from his position at the post-race press conference following the race's 40th running on July 10th. His resignation follows 10 successful years at the organization's helm, highlighted by an expansion of the sponsorship base and the creation of the Boilermaker Urban Initiative.
"Tim has given us ten amazing years," said Boilermaker Race Director, Jim Stasaitis. "We're sad to see him leave, but we are definitely going to send him out the right way."
Proceeds from the event will support the creation of the Boilermaker Experience: A year-round interactive multimedia exhibit celebrating the history of Utica's world famous race to be located at race headquarters. A donation will also be made to The Stanley Theatre.
"We are honored to be able to host Tim's 'Roast and Toast'," said Jerry Kraus, Executive Director of The Stanley Theatre. "I encourage all of his friends and acquaintances to come out and enjoy this night and to thank Tim for his decade of Boilermaker leadership."
The 41st running of the Boilermaker Road Race will take place on Sunday, July 8th, 2018.View Recent Press
- Boilermaker President Steps Down, Search for Successor Under Way
- Boilermaker Urban Initiative Press Opportunities
- Boilermaker Charity Bib Reception Set for Tomorrow
- The Stanley to Host Roast and Toast of Boilermaker President Tim Reed
- Boilermaker Presents Check to United Way
- UFD Wins Boilermaker Police and Firefighter Competition Again
- Registration Information
- MVCC and The Boilermaker celebrate latest renovation of College's Utica campus walking track
- 2016 Sitrin Wheelchair Challenge Winner Receives Racing Wheelchair View More