Boilermaker to Conduct Sneaker Drive
(Sep. 4, 2018)
The Boilermaker Road Race has partnered with Sneaker 4 Funds to conduct a gently-used sneaker drive. Gently used sneakers of all sizes will be accepted at the Boilermaker office located at 805 Court Street in Utica near the race's finish line during normal business hours or at designated collection points including Utica City Hall, The Fitness Mill in New York Mills and EJA Moving Services in Marcy.
The footwear will be provided to Sneaker 4 Funds which then pays $.70 per pound for all acceptable items received. In turn, Sneakers 4 Funds sells the footwear to small business owners in developing nations around the world. All funds raised will benefit the expanding Boilermaker Kids in Training program, a component of the Boilermaker Urban Initiative.
"We have conducted similar sports equipment drives in the past," said Jordan Peters, Marketing Specialist for the Boilermaker. "This time we decided to do something different by partnering with Sneakers 4 Funds but the objective will remain the same: to expand youth running opportunities in our community while also benefiting the global running community."
The drive will continue through November 15th, 2019.
The 42nd running of the Boilermaker Road Race will take place on Sunday, July 14th, 2019.View Recent Press
- Boilermaker President Steps Down, Search for Successor Under Way
- Boilermaker Urban Initiative Press Opportunities
- Boilermaker Charity Bib Reception Set for Tomorrow
- The Stanley to Host Roast and Toast of Boilermaker President Tim Reed
- Boilermaker Presents Check to United Way
- UFD Wins Boilermaker Police and Firefighter Competition Again
- Registration Information
- MVCC and The Boilermaker celebrate latest renovation of College's Utica campus walking track
- 2016 Sitrin Wheelchair Challenge Winner Receives Racing Wheelchair View More