Boilermaker Unveils 2019 Logo
(Nov. 21, 2018)
The Boilermaker Road Race conducted a press conference on Tuesday morning to publicly unveil, for the first time, the official 2019 Boilermaker logo, officially kicking off the 2019 Boilermaker season. In a change from recent years, the 2019 race features distinct looks for the 15K presented by Excellus BlueCross BlueShield and Carbone 5K as well as an overarching 2019 Boilermaker theme. The logos were designed by Ryan McGrogan of McGrogan Design: http://www.mcgrogandesign.com/.
"I distinctly remember going to the mall with my parents as a child and seeing merchandise with the new logo. It was fun to see it change and evolve each year," said McGrogan. "The Boilermaker means a lot to my family and I and the logo is probably a big reason why I am a graphic designer today. I'm so happy that this all came full circle and now my logo is a part of this great race."
Unique in the road racing and business community, the Boilermaker creates a new logo for each running in addition to the highly recognizable corporate logo. Certain elements such as the running man silhouette often carry over from race to race, but not as a rule. The annual logo re-design is a Boilermaker tradition dating back to 1983, the race's sixth year.
In addition to the logo unveiling, race officials also announced the availability of official 2019 merchandise, featuring the new logo, at boilermakermerch.com beginning the week of November 26th. Race Director, Jim Stasaitis, also took the occasion to announce two important registration dates. Early access registration will begin at 12 PM on March 7th, 2019 and open registration will begin at 12 PM on March 15th, 2019.
The 42nd running of the Boilermaker Road Race will take place on Sunday, July 14th, 2019.View Recent Press
- Boilermaker President Steps Down, Search for Successor Under Way
- Boilermaker Urban Initiative Press Opportunities
- Boilermaker Charity Bib Reception Set for Tomorrow
- The Stanley to Host Roast and Toast of Boilermaker President Tim Reed
- Boilermaker Presents Check to United Way
- UFD Wins Boilermaker Police and Firefighter Competition Again
- Registration Information
- MVCC and The Boilermaker celebrate latest renovation of College's Utica campus walking track
- 2016 Sitrin Wheelchair Challenge Winner Receives Racing Wheelchair View More